Find a Women’s Hormone Specialist Online
As a woman, managing your hormones can feel like an overwhelming task. No, we’re not talking about “mood swings” or other negative connotations you might have with the term “hormones.” We’re talking about complex biological processes that could be out of alignment in your body. Hormone imbalances are a serious medical issue that require the expertise of a women’s health specialist.
Millions of women in the United States suffer from hormone-related issues, including thyroid problems, diabetes, menopause, metabolism, and mood and mental health issues. These imbalances can make it difficult to feel like yourself and negatively impact many aspects of your life. But you’re not alone.
At SHE, we believe that education is the key to empowering women to take control of their health. We are women’s hormone specialists operating entirely online. That means you can find the education, community, and advice you need from wherever you are. We know that it can be overwhelming to navigate all of the factors that can impact hormone health, from stress to diet to exercise, but we are here to help!
First, Let’s Clear Up a Misconception about Hormones
Hormones play a vital role in regulating various bodily functions. They are produced by the endocrine glands and secreted into the bloodstream, where they travel to different organs and tissues to carry out their specific functions. Hormones are responsible for coordinating and controlling many essential physiological processes, such as growth and development, metabolism, and the reproductive system.
We often talk about hormones as if they’re a singular part of the body. But really, hormones refer to a category of signalers and molecules that affect nearly every function you can imagine. So when we say “balance your hormones,” we first need to figure out which hormones to target. This is where functional medicine plays such an important role. A women’s hormone specialist who uses functional medicine will personalize your treatment plan in order to find out exactly what you need to do to get your specific hormones in check.
5 Common Hormone Issues Impacting Women
When hormone levels are out of balance, it can lead to a range of health issues. Here is a closer look at some of the most common hormone issues that a women’s hormone specialist may need to treat:
- Thyroid problems: The thyroid gland produces hormones that regulate metabolism. When the thyroid gland is not functioning correctly, it can lead to hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormones, leading to symptoms such as weight gain, fatigue, and depression. Hyperthyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland produces too many thyroid hormones, leading to symptoms such as weight loss, anxiety, and heart palpitations.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a condition that occurs when the body is unable to produce or use insulin effectively, resulting in high blood sugar levels. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas that regulates blood sugar levels. Diabetes can lead to a range of health complications, including nerve damage, kidney disease, and cardiovascular disease.
- Menopause: Menopause is a natural biological process that occurs when a woman’s ovaries stop producing estrogen and progesterone, leading to the end of menstruation. Menopause can cause a range of symptoms, including hot flashes, mood swings, and vaginal dryness.
- Metabolism: Metabolism refers to the process by which the body converts food into energy. Hormones play a critical role in regulating metabolism, and imbalances in hormone levels can lead to issues such as weight gain or difficulty losing weight.
- Mood and mental health issues: Hormones play a vital role in regulating mood and mental health. Imbalances in hormones such as serotonin, dopamine, and cortisol can lead to mood and mental health issues. For example, low levels of serotonin can lead to depression, while high levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) can lead to anxiety and chronic stress.
Do you suffer from any of the hormone issues listed above? Perhaps you’ve been diagnosed by a doctor in the past. Or maybe you have a hunch that something isn’t right with your endocrine system. Either way, you can find relief at SHE. Our women’s hormone specialists can help you test for common hormone imbalances and provide strategies for reversal.
Join the SHE Community to Access a Women’s Hormone Specialist Online
We understand that it can be challenging to find a women’s hormone specialist, someone who truly understands the unique needs of women. That’s why we offer an online membership program that provides busy women with the tools and resources they need to optimize their hormone health from the comfort of their own homes.
Our basic membership includes virtual meal preps, grocery hauls, a recipe library, virtual live training with Q+A, a resource and research library, foundational women’s health courses, access to discounted specialty labs, access to case reviews, access to 1:1 support, and supplement discounts. If you need more personalized access, you can always upgrade your membership tier.
With help from our women’s hormone specialists, you can learn how to manage your hormones, reduce symptoms, and optimize your health. We believe that every woman deserves to feel her best, and we are committed to helping women achieve optimal health.
If you’re ready to take control of your hormone health with a women’s hormone specialist, contact us today. Together, we can re-learn how our bodies work and get back to optimal health.